Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Sturgis Bike Week: Day 2


I meant to post this last night, but I couldn't connect to the wifi the night before, so I was backed up one day.  Here's last nights:

Today seemed like the second really big, really busy day of Sturgis as a whole.  Of course, having set up yesterday made that the first really hard day of Sturgis.  But today, we had to finish setup and open for the first time of the week, which made things a little more difficult than normal.

We had to get up on time this morning for sure so we could get up and running as soon as possible.  That was pretty hard after the night before (staying up pretty late watching everything for security--oh, not to mention getting locked out of the church for a few minutes, just when I thought the day was finally over).  However, we all made it to the park right around 8 and setup began.  There was more moving and lots of unpacking yet to do.  Some things we weren't able to finish up the day before, so actually opening was still a lot of work.

I was too busy setting up sound and watching bounce houses to take many pictures at first.  I still found a chance to get some pictures, but it took some juggling to get a replacement first.  This is where I really felt how being short staffed made things a little more difficult.
The kids show started a little after 2.  We had only one microphone, so we had to skip puppets, but we pulled it off and had a good show.

I'm always surprised how short the day was when it's over, and today was no exception.  Everyone left for dinner and I stayed behind with a couple others.  While we were waiting, chaplain D-no came by and talked with us for most of the afternoon.  Now I am blogging yet again while watching the equipment.  It's dark, but the pavilion has lights and electrical hookups, so I'm good.

Over all, having a great time here!  It never seems as fun at the time as the memories do, so I'm trying to savoir the time now while I'm here...I think it's more enjoyable.


By the way, I've been helping “Steve-O” with his video blog for a couple days now.  You can check it out over here if you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment