Thursday, October 11, 2012

General Update

The last week has been pretty big for me.  Although I don't have my motorcycle, things keep moving along.

First of all, I have finally enrolled with New York Institute of Photography!  The package was waiting for me by the time I got home from the trip, so now I have been studying a couple lessons.  So far, I think it's great! The lessons are pretty simple for now as it is designed for anyone from professionals to beginners, but it looks like it will pick up in complexity in another few lessons.

Also, I have started my new job at Barnes and Noble.  I think I am doing okay, but I am still just beginning and so am kind of clueless for now, but my boss says I'll learn things soon and get better and faster.  The first day was actually kind of fun--I had been afraid that my first day of work would be hard and I'd have to get to know everybody, but it was actually pretty enjoyable.

I'm also looking forward (now that I'm an NYIP student) to purchasing Adobe CS6 Production Premium with an educational discount.  Dianne Butts, who I worked with on the 168 Project in February, asked the team and she raised some money to help with the cost, as well.  Very excited for what lies ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment